10 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day All!

Werney made me a card from school and it was really a great piece of art from a 5 years old. I'm so touched and this is the first handmade card by Werney.

Card made by Werney at school

Werney then drew the picture of the card on her easel. Look quite similar to the card, right? My lil' artist is quite talented...


Present bought by DH for me on behalf of her 2 princess for Mother's Day of course. It was of my favourite perfume from L'occitane (Cherry Blossom)

I also found this beautiful poem to share with all of you

Before I was a Mom

"Before I was a mom, I made and ate hot meals, wore unstained clothes and had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a mom, I never worried about how late I went to bed because I could sleep in as long as I wanted.

Before I was a mom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth everyday.

Before I was a mom, I enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee while reading the
morning newspaper on a Saturday morning.

Before I was a mom, I slept the whole night through.

Before I was a mom, my house was clean everyday and I didn't worry about whether or not my plants were poisonous.

Before I was a mom, I had never been puked on, pooped on, peed on, chewed on or pinched by little fingers.

Before I was a mom, I had complete control of my mind, thoughts and body.

Before I was a mom, I never held down a screaming child while doctors and nurses did tests or gave shots. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces because I couldn't stop the hurt.

Before I was a mom, I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

Before I was a mom, I never got gloriously happy over a toothless grin.

Before I was a mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down. I never was up in the wee hours of the night just watching a baby while it slept. I never knew that something so small couldn't effect my life so tremendously.

Before I was a mom, I never knew I could love someone so unconditionally and completely.

Before I was a mom, I never knew how satisfying it is to feed a hungry
child. I never knew how fulfilling it is to soothe a baby's cries.

Before I was a mom, I loved my mom, but didn't understand her.

Before I was a mom, I never knew the warmth, the joy, the heartache, the
wonderment, or the fulfillment of being a mom.

Before I was a mom, I never knew I would love being a mom."

-
Sharon L. Twitchell

P/S: I'm glad to be blessed with 2 healthy princess and motherhood has never been so good although what said above are really true!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin