27 July 2009

My powerful antioxidant lunch

Being home alone and without voice (yes, not sure why I lost my voice today!) could still be a good thing. At least I don't have to shout after my 2 "samseng" girl and also the daddy (sometimes!) and I have some hours for myself to surf the net and make myself a powerful antioxidant lunch. Not to mention, I could also have my lunch in *peace* too!

See, this is my powerful antioxidant lunch with a mug of green tea with honey (not in picture) *burp*.....

Wolfberry ("Qi Zi") with multigrain bread, one slice of turkey ham, blueberries, strawberries and one kiwi

All the above are known to have powerful antioxidant impact and vitamin C to fight off my current bug. Besides popping the medications prescribed by the doc, I also popped a tablet of probiotics as a precautionary measure for stomach upset whenever I am on antibiotic.

I bought this small loaf of wolfberry with multigrain bread from my neighbourhood bakery. Wolfberry is known to have many health benefits and is rich in Lycium barbarum polysaccharides (LBP) (good for the immune system and is a powerful antioxidant), beta-carotene (good for the eyes), 19 amino acids and vitamin A, B & C. I used to add wolfberries to Chinese soup or into any hot tea and the soup or tea will taste very sweet. Great that they have it in bread now too!

Yummy wolfberry with multigrain bread

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin