17 April 2009

I heard this song over the radio this morning .....

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things


Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wi
ld geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings

When I'm feeling sad I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad
[Repeat all verses]

Recognised the lyric? Yes, it is from the very famous Sound of Music! The song does bring back many fond memories for me....I used to sing this out loud with all my school friends back in school then while some of them will play the instruments. We will giggle and laugh like there is no tomorrow....that is always the case in a convent school right?

Hearing the song now also made me pondered....what are the little, everyday things that make us HAPPY?Little, everyday things that make me HAPPY:-
  • Seeing my little angels happy face
  • When my angels said, Mom, I love you!
  • No traffic on the road
  • Freshly brewed coffee
  • A new handbag
So what are the little things in life that make you H.A.P.P.Y?

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin